Warm buckwheat pudding with ginger and hazelnuts
If you would like to start the day with a nutritious and warm breakfast, you often think of a bowl of oatmeal. Nice, but there is so much more than oatmeal porridge. This warm buckwheat pudding with ginger and hazelnuts, for example. Satisfying, naturally gluten-free, warming and high in protein. In short: the perfect breakfast on a chilly autumn day or for anyone who feels good about eating a hot breakfast.
Buckwheat, the basis of this warming breakfast, is a plant with edible, nutritious seeds. Those buckwheat seeds (also known as buckwheat grains) is a pseudo-grain. This means that it can be used in the same way as grain, but is completely gluten-free. The seeds of the buckwheat can be ground into buckwheat flour, roasted into kasha or crushed into buckwheat flakes. Buckwheat flakes have been used in this breakfast - they give this warm buckwheat pudding with ginger and hazelnuts a unique, nutty and above all delicious taste.
Prepare for 10 minutes
Per warm buckwheat pudding with ginger and hazelnuts: 730 kcal, 47 g carbohydrates (of which 10 g sugar), 40 g fat, 40 g protein.
- 40 grams of buckwheat flakes
- 200 ml water
- pinch of salt
- 15 grams of hazelnut paste
- 1 piece (1 cm) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 egg
- 25 gram Live Puri Chai protein powder unsweetened
- handful of blueberries (50 grams)
- handful of hazelnuts (30 grams)
- 10 grams dark chocolate (85% cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon acacia fiber
- Bring the buckwheat flakes with the water and a pinch of salt to the boil in a saucepan.
- Add the hazelnut paste and grated ginger and stir into the buckwheat pudding. Keep stirring, and cook in the buckwheat pudding for 3 minutes until fully cooked.
- spade Live Puri Chai protein powder unsweetened in the pan and mix it well with the buckwheat pudding.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl and add it to the pudding just before serving. Let the egg cook for a minute and then turn off the heat.
- Put the buckwheat pudding in a bowl and finish it with blueberries, hazelnuts, dark chocolate and Acacia fibers.
Hewdig created the recipe for this warming buckwheat pudding with ginger and hazelnuts. Earlier she made all these yummy ones oatmeal cake en vegan cocoa espresso smoothie bowl. Follow her up Instagram for many more delicious recipes!
Recipe Maaike 2 - Live Puri