Pumpkin raisin bread
If you have ever baked with pumpkin, you know that this ingredient has a great chance of success. The healthy, tasty vegetable has properties that can make baked goods fantastically tasty. Three guesses what we will do when pumpkins are available in abundance again? That's right: baking! And preferably this pumpkin-raisin bread.
Small side note: this pumpkin raisin bread cannot be compared to a bread that is actually more of a cake. Think of banana bread or the traditional American zucchini bread. No, this pumpkin raisin bread does not contain any added sugar or sweetener. The raisins obviously give this pumpkin-raisin bread a 'sweetness', but we actually like this bread best with a slice of cheese. However, you can also spread butter, chocolate spread, nut butter or nothing at all on a slice of this pumpkin bread with raisins. Actually, you could say that this pumpkin-raisin bread has a bit of a currant bun vibe. Tasty!
15 minutes preparation + 50 minutes baking time
Per pumpkin bread: 1759 kcal, 255 g carbohydrates (of which 93 g sugar), 25 g fat, 119 g protein
- 2 eggs
- 210 grams of (homemade) pumpkin puree from Hokkaido pumpkin
- 175 grams Greek yogurt 0%
- 80 grams almond milk, unsweetened
- 150 grams of whole wheat flour
- 75 gram Live Puri protein powder natural
- 25 grams of coconut flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- generous pinch of salt
- 125 grams of raisins
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees (175 fan) and thoroughly grease a cake tin with a length of 25 cm.
- Prepare two mixing bowls and mix the eggs, pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt and almond milk thoroughly in one bowl. These are the wet ingredients.
- Sift the whole wheat flour, protein powder and coconut flour into the other mixing bowl. Add the baking powder and salt and mix together. These are the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not mix for too long, this will make the pumpkin bread dry. Finally, stir the raisins into the batter and pour everything into the mold.
- Place the pan in the warm oven and bake the pumpkin bread with raisins for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Recipe Maaike 2 - Live Puri