High protein tahini halva
Sweet tooth beware! We have the traditional Middle Eastern delicacy tahini halva (meaning 'sweetness') a Live Puri upgraded. What remains is this protein-rich tahini halva, made without sugar, completely plant-based and just as tasty as the original. What are you waiting for? We're going to make high protein tahini halva!
Halva comes in many shapes and sizes. This protein-rich tahini halva is inspired by the recipe from the Middle East, where halva consists largely of sesame paste (tahini). Flour-based versions also exist, and in India people even turn carrots into halva. In combination with sugar or honey, nuts, dried fruits and sometimes even butter and chocolate, we can only say that halva is always a pleasant surprise. And if you're curious about our favorite: without having to think about it, it's halva with pistachio.
And so it happened… Protein-rich tahini halva with our delicious Natural Vegan protein powder and lots of pistachio. And, just like the Arabic halva, you can enjoy it in countless ways. Crumble the protein-rich tahini halva over pancakes, or eat a piece on its own.
15 minutes preparation + 1 hour waiting time
Total recipe: 1553 kcal, 57 g carbohydrates (of which 4 g sugar), 97 g fat, 91 g protein.
- 75 gram Live Puri Vegan protein powder Natural
- 130 grams white tahini
- 100 grams of honey or Holy Hon! from Stevia
- 75 grams of water
- 60 grams of peeled pistachio
- Start by roasting the pistachios. In a preheated oven at 180 degrees this will take 6 to 8 minutes. Let the nuts cool down and chop about 1/3 into coarse pieces.
- Then take a bowl and add the protein powder, white tahini, honey and water. Mix this together with a spoon, until a 'dough' is formed. This is the halva. Then add the whole pistachios and knead them into the halva with your hands.
- Put the halva in a mini cake tin (or shape the halva into a beam with your hands) and let it set in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Sprinkle the halva with the chopped pistachios, cut into strips and serve cold.
Recipe Maaike 2 - Live Puri